24×7 secure access to your fuel information anywhere in the world
FuelNet™ is a management dashboard and the desktop reporting tool for accessing and analyzing data captured by FuelTrax® and other NCS’ products and options installed on your marine assets. From anywhere in the world, at any time using an Internet browser, FuelNet provides powerful graphs, charts and spreadsheets to your personal computer or on your mobile device. Keep informed with near real-time updates of vessel activities including consumption, speed and fuel economy, fuel transfers and fuel inventories from a single vessel or entire fleet. Conduct management meetings with team members around the globe, all having access to the same timely information and analysis. FuelNet also serves as a fleet wide data historian, with all fuel related data stored and available online in perpetuity.
FuelNet features and benefits include:
- Fully self-contained, end-to-end, secure communications from the sensor on the vessel to your desktop
- Built-in low earth orbit satellite communications infrastructure that is reliable and cost effective
- No integration headaches or other communications costs required
- Automatic upload of fuel information to secure data centers without human intervention
- Fully customizable to suit your exact reporting needs
- Supports all NCS products and product options
- On-line access to vessel performance data creates a faster, more efficient channel of communication between the office, global teams, and the vessel
- Significantly reduced time needed for generating reports
- Fleet-wide views of vessel fuel consumption and performance
- FuelNet is a cloud based, global server infrastructure that is wholly owned and maintained by NCS for increased security and reliability
The combination of FuelNet with FuelTrax or the other NCS products provides a powerful total solution for marine fuel management. Click here to learn more about our solution for shore side reporting.
A Powerful Fleet Management Tool
As a management tool and dashboard, FuelNet enables you to monitor the actual performance of your fleet and compare results to your KPIs.
FuelNet also functions as a vessel data historian over the life of the FuelTrax installation. All historical data is kept online and available for analysis at all times. You can use this data to analyze fleet performance over several years.
For example, over time, FuelTrax provides a clear picture of how each vessel consumes fuel and what activities impact usage, thus creating the foundation for establishing a consumption baseline for a single vessel, vessel class, or fleet. Being able to compare the performance of vessel A to B and crew A to B enables management to identify opportunities to increase vessel and fleet efficiencies and reduce overall fuel consumption.
Also, having an accurate consumption baseline allows engineers to test technologies such as fuel additives, propeller configurations, hull coatings, and other products that claim to reduce consumption. Being able to compare before and after results accurately proves success before you invest in installing a new technology across your fleet.
Improve Fleet Team Management Efficiency
On-line access to vessel performance data creates a faster, more efficient channel of communication between widely disbursed fleet management team members, the home office, and the vessel. The FuelNet global web portal enables simultaneous, on-line collaboration with remote offices, suppliers and customers.
Additionally, having access to your data in a secured data center facilitates integration with your existing back-office IT systems for accounting, purchasing, and time keeping. This further eliminates manual processing and data entry errors.
- All data maintained on the vessel is encrypted and secured.
- Data transmission from vessel to our data centers is encrypted and does not use the vessel’s communications system, but uses FuelTrax’s own, secured, LEO SATCOM system.
- Data transmission from our data centers to client’s desktop is fully SSL secured and encrypted.
NCS chose Texas 1 (www.datafoundry.com) as the best possible location for their latest data center to house their FuelNet servers and networking equipment.
Powered by two independent substations and connected to over 17 fiber providers, Texas 1 is the most redundant, connected, and secure data center and disaster recovery solution available in Texas.
Located in Austin, TX, Texas 1 resides in a region with low risk for natural disasters and exceptionally reliable power. Austin has a well-earned reputation as one of the most favorable cities for technology companies to maintain operations.